For the majority of people, the idea of having one career for life can be rather daunting. In most cases, we jump between roles, constantly learning and changing where we see ourselves. With a wealth of sectors and career paths, it’s understandable to see why we want to try our hand in differing skill roles. However, in order to pursue the illusive ‘dream general skilled visa’, you must have a set of transferable skills that allow you the flexibly to slot into different roles.
Often, having a solid skill set provides a firm basis to secure a general skilled visa in Australia. Our range of General Skills qualifications are applicable to a wide variety of functions and span several Countries and sectors. Many of these qualifications give an introduction to a sector and highlight the skills needed to thrive in Australian environments.
Moreover, some of our qualifications provide formal recognition of your competence in:
- Communication and conflict management
- Promoting equality and diversity
- Managing personal and professional development
- Understanding other individuals who reside in Australia
- Promoting the country’s Integrity
- Join a planning and organisation group to create a solid background
Basic Criteria to be met for all General Skilled Migration visas
- Age – you must be under 65 years of age at the date of application.
- Language – you must have sufficient language ability in English to secure a general skilled visa.
- Qualifications – you are required to have at least a basic qualification (usually a secondary school degree or a trade) and your qualification must have been assessed by the relevant assessing authority for authenticity.
- Nominated occupation – when you apply you will need to nominate an occupation fitting your skills and qualifications. This occupation must be on the Skilled Occupations List in the case of the subclass 189 visa or on one of the State/Territory lists for the subclass 190 visa
- Medical and character checks – you must be able to satisfy the criteria for both medical and character requirements